Saturday, March 10, 2007

coconut, lovemaking & sound sleep...

Y'day night I felt tired and hit the sack early. When i was slipping into that sleep zone, heard a rattling noise outside followed by barking of dogs.

It was the sound of coconut falling down. The dogs next door got convinced and mellowed down. Though disturbed, i was slipping back to sleep only to be disturbed immediately by a sudden surge in barking. Seems some street dog(s) got infuriated by that sound (falling coconut), rushed in from nearby street to make their presence felt (only to get sighted by the dogs next door - dogs are territorial you know !!!).

My sleep got FUCKED. Now that my sleep is gone (temporarily), i started THINKING !!!

Next 10 minutes i traveled around the world and BEYOND (remembered my long time question WHO CREATED GOD too) and finally came back to the event which triggered this - Why should the coconut fall at this odd time (when wind was also absent)? May be some crows or squirrels got into the mood and were into crazy LOVEMAKING atop that coconut tree !!! With that weird thought and the sound of kitchen utensils being cleaned as background ‘music’ i slipped back into sleep, only to be awakened by her bite on my ear.

I was in a mood to sleep and turned to the other side. This time she bit me on the other ear and then my lips. To avoid i turned upside down and slept exposing my back to her. She got furious and my butt bore the brunt. I felt irritated. Why such insensitiveness? To avoid her, i pulled the cover and covered my whole body. It made her think it seems, but only for a short moment. She came back with vengeance and started singing near my ear. I thought she is not going to spare me today.

After a momentary lapse, i heard the steps moving towards the switchboard, the plug noises and ...dark. Now that am completely covered with the sheet, started sweating. Felt like removing the sheet, but for her. Any way out...

It just struck me then. Removed the sheet and looked at the switchboard. It was already there. My friend had just switched on the "mosquito" repellent when the light was switched-off. I heaved a sigh of relief.

Now i can sleep peacefully - without the disturbance of her bite and song !!!

No comments: